Dr. Philine Schiewe (née Gattermann)
Building 14 , Room 424
P.O. Box 3049
Telephone: +49 631 205 4590
Fax: +49 631 205 4737
since March 2019: Research assistant at TU Kaiserslautern, partly in the DFG Research Group 2083 "Integrierte Planung im öffentlichen Verkehr"
Dissertation: Integrated Public Transport Planning
October 2015 - March 2019: PhD-student at the Institute for Numerical and Applied Mathematic of the University of Göttingen
September 2015 - March 2019: Research assistant at University of Göttingen in the DFG Research Group 2083 "Integrierte Planung im öffentlichen Verkehr"
August 2015: Master of Science in Mathematics
Master Thesis: Generating Line-Pools (Prof. Dr. Anita Schöbel)
October 2013 - August 2015: Studies of Mathematics (Master), minor subject Computer Science, University of Göttingen
April 2013 - September 2015: Student assistant for the LinTim-project
Bachelor Thesis: Line planning in public transportation: Best-response-strategies with frequency-based waiting times (Dr. Marie Schmidt)
October 2010 - September 2013: Studies of Mathematics (Bachelor), minor subject Computer Science, University of Göttingen
2010: Allgemeine Hochschulreife (German school leaving examination)
2002-2010: Nordseeschule St. Peter
- Integer programming
- (Multiobjective) Discrete optimization in public transportation
- Combination of artificial intelligence and mathematical optimization
- ATMOS 2017 Best Paper Award: with the paper Look-Ahead Approaches for Integrated Planning in Public Transportation by Julius Pätzold, Alexander Schiewe, Philine Schiewe und Anita Schöbel
- CASPT 2015 Young Researcher Award with the paper Generation of Line Pools by Jonas Harbering, Philine Schiewe und Anita Schöbel
In the current semester I offer the following lectures:
For courses see the german web-site
Talks at Conferences and Workshops
- Vehicle Scheduling Based on a Line Plan: Guaranteeing Feasible Periodic Timetables. September 6, 2019 International Conference on Operations Research (OR2019), Dresden, Deutschland.
- Solution Approaches to the Integrated Line Planning, Timetabling and Passenger Routing Problem. June 25, 2019, 30th European Conference On Operational Research (EURO 2019), Dublin, Irland.
- Heuristic approaches for integrated optimization in public transport. October 1, 2018, Seminar on Integrated Optimization, Uslar, Deutschland.
- Solving multi-stage optimization problems illustrated on public transportation planning. September 12, 2018, International Conference on Operations Research (OR2018), Brüssel, Belgien.
- Integrating line planning, timetabling and vehicle scheduling. July 23, 2018, Conference on Advanced Systems in Public Transport and TransitData (CASPT 2018), Brisbane, Australien.
- Solution methods for integrated timetabling and passenger routing. July 11, 2018, 29th European Conference On Operational Research (EURO 2018), Valencia, Spanien.
- Integrating Periodic Timetabling and Passenger Routing. May 16, 2017, Workshop on Integrated Timetabling, Göttingen, Deutschland.
- Integrated Public Transportation Planning with a Focus on Timetabling. May 12, 2017, GOR Arbeitsgruppentreffen Logistik und Verkehr, Berlin, Deutschland.
- A SAT-Formulation for Integrating Line Planning, Timetabling and Passenger Routing. September 1, 2016, International Conference on Operations Research (OR2016), Hamburg, Deutschland.
- Integrating Passengers' Routes in Periodic Timetabling: A SAT approach. August 25, 2016, 16th Workshop on Algorithmic Approaches for Transportation Modelling, Optimization, and Systems (ATMOS 2016), Aarhus, Dänemark.
- An Iterative Approach for Integrated Planning in Public Transportation. June 15, 2016, Ninth Triennial Symposium on Transportation Analysis (TRISTAN IX) , Oranjestad, Aruba.
- Kosten oder Reisezeit? Bikriterielle Optimierung der integrierten Fahr- und Umlaufplanung
P. Schiewe, A. Schöbel, S. Ruzika,
Preprint Heureka'21 (2020)
- Integrated Optimization in Public Transport Planning
Springer, 160 (2020)
- The line planning routing game
A. Schiewe, P. Schiewe, M. Schmidt,
European Journal of Operational Research 274, pp. 560-573 (2019)
- Integrating line planning, timetabling and vehicle scheduling - Integer programming formulation and analysis
M E. Lübbecke, C. Puchert, P. Schiewe, A. Schöbel,
Proceedings of CASPT 2018 (2018)
- Look-Ahead Approaches for Integrated Planning in Public Transportation
J. Pätzold, A. Schiewe, P. Schiewe, A. Schöbel,
17th Workshop on Algorithmic Approaches for Transportation Modelling, Optimization, and Systems (ATMOS 2017), OpenAccess Series in Informatics (OASIcs) (59), pp. 1-16 (2017)
- An Iterative Approach for Integrated Planning in Public Transportation
P. Gattermann, A. Schiewe, A. Schöbel,
9th Triennial Symposium on Transportation Analysis (2016)