Under "lectures" you find those lectures held by our group in summer term 2019 in English.
If you want to participate in a seminar, proseminar or reading course, please contact the corresponding person or register in URM.
Appointments and dates will be settled in correspondence to the participants.
If you are interested in internships, study, Bachelor or Master thesis, you can find in theses some examples of recent works in our group. To register please contact the corresponding supervisor. The supervision is done by professors but also by the post doctoral staff of our group.
Dates for the PHD seminars.
The seminar takes place on the dates below at 15:30 in 48-582.
Lectures in summer term 2019
Our group offers the following lectures in summer term 2019 within the Master program. Courses within the Bachelor program you can find on the German page.
- Foundations: Existence and uniqueness
- Autonomous Equations
- Stability theory
- Non-linear systems, local theory, Theorem of Hartman-Grobman, non-hyperbolic equilibrium points and Lyapunov theory
- Periodic orbits, Poincaré-Bendixon and applications, invariant sets
- Branching theory
Mo. 11:45-13:15 in 48-582
2 SWS Lecture and 1 SWS Tutorial
Introduction to Systems and Control Theory
Fundamental ideas and notions of control theory will be introduced. In particular
• Representation of time-discrete and time-continuous linear and non-linear dynamical systems
• Stability of dynamical systems
• Reachability, controlability and observability
• Feedback control.
Wed. 08:15-10:00 in 48-582
2 SWS Lecture and 1 SWS tutorial
Numerical Methods for PDE I
• Approximation of elliptic problems,
• Theory of weak solutions,
• Consistency, Stability and Convergence,
• Approximation of parabolic problems
Mo. 10:00-11:30 in 48-210
Thu. 10:00-11:30 in 48-208
4 SWS Lecture and 2 SWS Tutorial